Close to Everything
These vacation home rentals are one mile to Sea World (watch the fireworks from the front deck of the main unit!), fifteen minutes to San Diego International Airport, fifteen minutes to downtown San Diego, the San Diego Zoo, and the stadium. The Boardwalk path at the bay directly in front of the house extends from Crown Point Shores to South Mission Beach, providing miles of sidewalk along the water for jogging, biking, rollerblading, or just strolling. Bikes and bike trailers for the little ones are provided for your pleasure — forget the car, you can bike to restaurants and activities. In the event you do have a car, you will find four off-street parking spaces for guests and plenty of on-street parking in peaceful, uncrowded Crown Point Shores.
Mission Bay Bike Path
Attractions: Discover everything San Diego has to offer during your stay at our Vacation Rental
- Balboa Park.—Balboa Park is a 1,200-acre urban cultural park which includes walking grounds, beautiful gardens, restaurants and the Old Globe Theatre
- Old Globe.—California’s oldest professional theatre, and San Diego’s largest theatre organization. Featuring diverse programming and commitment to both classic and contemporary works, the Globe annually presents 15 productions and nearly 600 performances on its three Balboa Park stages.
- The Reuben H. Fleet Science Center and IMAX Dome Theater— A premier science museum and a planetarium in Balboa Park. Great for kids and adults, it was the first science museum to combine interactive science exhibits with a planetarium and an IMAX Dome (OMNIMAX) theater, setting the standard that most major science museums follow today. Be sure to see one of their movies in the IMAX Dome, well worth the price of admission!
- Sea World.—Sea World San Diego is home to animals and marine mammals, exhilarating rides and some of San Diego’s finest craft beer and very close to the house, about a mile away.Sea World has taken a hit from their exploitation of marine animals but has largely turned their efforts towards conservation and education.
- San Diego Zoo—The San Diego Zoo is one of the most popular zoos in the world, housing over 3,700 animals of more than 650 species and subspecies.
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park—The San Diego Zoo Safari Park is home to lions, tigers and other exotic animals in a more natural habitat. The wild bird show is a favorite for adults and kids, don’t miss it. It is located just 30 minutes north of Pacific Beach in Escondido.
- Belmont Park—beachfront amusement center with rides, indoor children’s play center, and attractions such as The Giant Dipper Roller Coaster, Vertical Plunge, and Bumper cars.
- Gaslamp District—the Gaslamp Quarter is a walkable urban area in Downtown San Diego near the Convention Center, Petco Park, and Horton Plaza (another great shopping center). Eat, drink, dance, shop, you can do it all in this revitalized downtown area named after the gaslamps that used to light the streets 150+ years ago.
- Mission Bay SportCenter—boat rentals, windsurfing, lessons, charters, all water sport activities and rentals available here.
- Catamaran Water Sports—around the boardwalk near the house you will find the Catamaran hotel’s water sports rentals.
- Old Mission Beach Athletic Club—unique to San Diego is the annual Over the Line tournament held on fiesta island, just across the bay from the house. Held in July it is half athletic tournament and half debauchery, worth seeing at least once. Team names can be R-rated.
- Old Town San Diego—located in the Old Town neighborhood of San Diego, is a state historical park in San Diego. It is home to lively events, shopping, dining, and historical sights of Old San Diego..
- PETCO Park—located in downtown San Diego and home to the San Diego Padres. Catch a game and explore San Diego’s Gaslamp district
- Seaport Village—A waterfront shopping and dining area on San Diego Bay in downtown San Diego. Lovely specialty shops and restaurants, great for strolls overlooking San Diego Bay.
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve—beautiful, easy, hiking along the gorgeous San Diego coastline, north of the house.
- Pacific Beach Tennis Club—tennis courts near the house, well kept private/public club. Court time available for a small fee.
- LEGOLAND—30 minutes north of San Diego in beautiful Carlsbad. With more than 60 rides, shows and attractions, it’s an interactive, hands-on theme park experience for families with children 2 – 12. It is also home to SEA LIFE Aquarium and the world’s first LEGOLAND Water Park
- Birch Aquarium—The 64,157 square feet Birch Aquarium at Scripps is designed around a central lobby with entrances to exhibit areas. Display tanks contain 175,000 U.S. gallons of seawater, featuring more than 3,000 animals representing 380 species. The hilltop site provides views of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography campus and the Pacific Ocean. A beautiful, enjoyable and educational experience in a world class facility designed to research, educate, and preserve the many marine species of our planet. Highly recommended!
Tennis, Golf, hiking, swimming, theater, museums, there is so much to do in San Diego. We give you a list of ideas from a native San Diegan’s point of view when you stay with us. We have a list of all the local golf courses in San Diego (there are many) with fees, discounts, directions, etc. for our golfing guests. We also have a list of restaurants and cafes within walking distance of the house, as well as our recommendations for budget and fine dining in San Diego.
We want you to have an exceptional time during your visit to San Diego, and we do our best to enhance your visit. We want our guests to return to San Diego and stay with us again.